How to transport and store abrasives
- Pack properly the abrasives in wooden cases or wicker baskets, and separate the abrasives from soft materials such as straw and sawdust when long-distance transportation, avoiding collision and impact.
- Not place the vitrified abrasives in a humid or frozen place. And rubber abrasives should not be in contact with oil. And resin abrasives cannot be in contact with alkali. If not, it will reduce the strength and grinding ability of the abrasives.
- Store the abrasives in dry places, at room temperature of not less than 5 C.
- Place the abrasives separately according to the specifications, and mark the storage place so as to avoid confusion and errors, and decide the placement method by the shape and size of the abrasives. Larger diameter and thicker abrasives should be upright and slightly tilted, and thinner and smaller grinding wheels should be stacked, but should not be too high, and there is a flat iron plate in the upper and lower, avoiding the grinding wheels deformation or rupture.
- It is less than one year to store organic abrasives. Inspect expired abrasives before using. Make rotation testing before using for modified grinding wheels.
Notices of grinding wheels installation
- Check the safe speed of grinding wheels before installation. Make rotation testing for the grinding wheels which the marker is not clear or no marked.
- Tap the grinding wheels by hammer before installation. If there is a dumb sound, it is indicated that there may be cracks in the grinding wheels and cannot be used.
- The flanges on both sides of the grinding wheel must have the same shape and size. The flange diameter is half of the grinding wheel diameter, the inner side has grooves. There is a 1-2mm thickness gasket of flexible cardboard, leather or oil resistant rubber between the end of grinding wheel and the flange. And the gasket diameter is slightly larger than that of the flange.
- Tighten the flange screws symmetrically in order to make the clamping force distribute evenly. But the force should not be too large, avoiding the grinding wheel crushed.
- After the grinding wheel installed, there is at least one static balance testing before it can be installed on the grinding machine.
Safe operation of grinding wheel
- Carefully check whether the operating handles or buttons are in the correct position and all grinding machine motions are normal in normal before starting.
- The new grinding wheel must first idle 5 minutes before using. After confirming its normal operation, first ture the outer and side surfaces of grinding wheel, and then unload the wheel together with the flange, and make static balance testing again.
- The operator should not stand in the direction of the rotation plane of grinding wheel when grinding.
- Carefully check the workpiece clamping is correct or not, and the fastening is reliable or not, especially notice to adjust the position of the block and tighten it, to avoid the grinding wheel collide the chuck or top seat before grinding.
- Feed when the workpiece and grinding wheel are in the normal operation state( feed must not be too violent). While, must be retract before stopping.
- Two people cannot operate a grinding machine at the same time.